Vonets Mini Wireless Wi-Fi Bridge and repeater with security mechanisms 300Mbps transmission rates and a 100 meter range is ideal for your home, office or internet cafe. .
Wirless Repeater and Bridge
Vonets MINI 300 is a Wi-Fi signal repeater. When in the wifi signal repeater mode the MINI300 can increase the Wi-Fi signal coverage up to 100 meters and at the same time provided security for the wireless signal. When used as a repeater it’s able to receive a weak Wi-Fi signal, and boost this to a normal strength signal while also and processing error correction to achieve safe and secure signal coverage at upto 300Mbps. The MINI 300 also has an intelligent bridging mode enabling you to bridge wireless and wired devices together and has intelligent switching helping you connect your devices together with ease.
At a Glance...
WiFi: IEEE 802.11g. IEEE 802.11 b. IEEE 802.11n
Rate Of Transmission: 300Mbps
Transmission Distance (without obstacles): 100 Meters
Work Modes: Wi-Fi Repeater, Intelligent Wi-Fi Bridge Mode
Wireless Security: 64,128,WEP Encryption, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA,WPA2 Security
Antenna: 2 Built-in Smart Omnidirectional 2dbm Antennas
Ports: Ethernet LAN, Micro USB DC Input
Input: 5V, Via USB2.0
Security Encryption: 64/128/152-bit WEP, Complies with 128 Bit WPA (TKIP/AES), Supports MIC, IV Expansion, Shared Key Authentication, IEEE 802.1X
Product dimensions: 45x45x9 mm (L x W x D)
Back to WiFi Boosters Page
Posted by BLS on 20th Sep 2015
I purchased this as a bridge to use for my Son's Xbox 360. I saw no reason to spend $70 for the Microsoft brand. I am not the most technical person, but with a little research and some trial and error, we got it up and running. Hopefully the instructions below will be helpful:
1. Connect USB plug (to power the device), but not the ethernet cable. I used a port on my computer. (Note the device has a port for an AC adapter; you do not need this as a standard USB port, (with power), will work for this purpose.)
2. Find the WiFi hotspot (I used my android phone to do this, but any computer or tablet should work) it should begin with vonets and have a name like "vonets_xxxx" with "x" being a letter or number.
3. Connect to the WiFi hotspot with the password: "12345678" (without quotes)
4. Enter http://vonets.cfg in a web browser (I used Firefox on my phone). Username & password are "admin" (without quotes). This will take you to the configuration menu. Select "Operating Mode" which brings you to a page with a drop down menu. Select the drop down menu and change the selection from "Router" to "Wifi Bridge+Repeater". Then select "Main Page" at the bottom to go back to the configuration menu.
5. Select "Scan Hotspots" in the configuration menu, which brings you to a page that lists all the WiFi hotspots detected. Choose your existing existing wifi router and then hit the "Next" button. This prompts you for a password which is the same as the router you are trying to access.
6. Unplug the device and then plug both the USB and Ethernet cables into the target device (e.g. Xbox 360 or a computer). You should be all set!
I had an issue with my phone changing the connection from Vonets to my existing network when I would make a change in the Operating Mode (Specifically, when changing the selection from "Router" to "Wifi Bridge+Repeater"). I solved it by having the phone "Forget" the connection to my existing router in "WiFi Settings".
Note that you will have another WiFi hotspot after configuring this bridge. It will take the name of your existing router, and add a suffix to it. For example, if your WiFi hotspot is named "My_WiFi_Hotspot", the router may rename this to "My_WiFi_Hotspot_15".
Overall, the system works very well, and for the price, is the lowest cost solution we found to make my Son's gaming system wireless!